August 10th, 2006
Last couple thoughts for the night:
- i’ve finally got time to play around with a media-textured avatar (think video skin)
- i want to make an avatar (in SL) that moves like Duchamp’s Nu qui descend un escalier #2 (nude descending a staircase #2)
- I learned a lot about texturing from the SL fora today. Check the end of the GIMPshop texturing tutorial I wrote last week for some illuminating reading on the subject.
- i made a couple ringtones last week — one of the tiny projects I squeezed in to entertain myself after long hours of teaching — in GarageBand and easybeat was very handy in the mastering stage*. Recommended.
* that is, playing it on my phone and transposing it in nudges until it sounded good.